Thursday, June 5, 2008

After lunch, we broke into three groups: one for kids, one for educators (my group) and one for everybody else.
The purpose of these groups was to come up with questions/concerns for the Industry Day
(Day 2).

The wish list for the educators group included finding funding for professional development programs and character education. Many teachers felt that with their current workloads and standards incorporating anti-cyberbullying into their material was practically impossible.

I think this emphasizes a major problem with all Internet safety issues. Whose responsibility is it to teach it?

The conference ended with much discussion and hope for Day 2 at Pace University in downtown New York City.

On another note, I navigated two subways and Grand Central Station to get to White Plains from upper eastside Manhattan by myself and I’m quite proud.

No comments: