Monday, June 16, 2008

Internet Safety Awareness Month

June is Internet Safety Awareness month, so I want to write a few entries about new safety topics. I’ve divided these entries into the following categories:

Safety Concerns for Elementary Students (the younger crowd)
Safety Concerns for Teens
Safety Concerns for Adults (Yes, we need them, too)

Just to give you a preview of what we'll cover, I have two conference calls set up for the next few days including Security 101 for Your PC put on by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

I'll use a variety of sources, but won't cover cyberbullying in great detail, since I've already done so. Look for these posts throughout this month sprinkled with a few interesting articles and other tidbits of helpful information.

Also, you'll notice I've added a Blog Roll to the right of the screen, which will direct you to blogs (that I use quite frequently) with some of the best information about this crazy Internet world.

No comments: